Botpress is an open-source framework for building chatbots. It is designed to be highly customizable and can be used to build complex conversational experiences. This article will discuss the steps to make a Botpress chatbot.
Step 1: Install Botpress
Installing the framework is the first step to building a chatbot in Botpress.
• Go to the Botpress website and download the latest version of the framework.
• Install Node.js and npm if they still need to be installed on your machine.
• Extract the Botpress archive and run the “npm install” command to install the dependencies.
• Run the command “npm start” to start Botpress.
Step 2: Create a new bot
Once Botpress is installed, the next step is to create a new bot.
• Open Botpress in a web browser by visiting “http://localhost:3000”.
• Click “Create a New Bot” and give the bot a name.
• Choose the language that the bot will use.
• Choose a bot template or start with an empty bot.
Step 3: Add content to the bot
The next step is to add content to the bot. This includes defining the dialogues, intents, and entities the bot will use to interact with users. To add content to the bot, follow these steps:
• Click on “Content” in the sidebar.
• Click on “Dialogues” and add a new dialogue.
• Add nodes to the dialogue and define the bot’s actions at each node.
• Click on “Intents” and add a new intent.
• Define the training phrases for the intent and the actions the bot will perform when the intent is detected.
• Click on “Entities” and add a new entity.
• Define the values the entity can take and the synonyms that can be used to refer to the entity.
Step 4: Train the bot
After adding content to the bot, the next step is to train the bot. Training the bot involves providing examples of user input and the expected responses. To train the bot, follow these steps:
• Click on “Training” in the sidebar.
• Click on “Intents” and select the intent you want to train.
• Enter training phrases and the expected responses for the intent.
• Click on “Train” to train the bot.
Step 5: Deploy the bot
The final step is to deploy the bot.
• Click on “Deploy” in the sidebar.
• Choose the channel that the bot will use to interact with users.
• Follow the instructions to configure the channel.
• Start the channel to deploy the bot.